Frequently Asked Questions About Pediatric Urgent Care

Can I pay out of pocket? Yes, you can. Office visits start at $125.00 depending on the level of care provided.

Do you treat emergencies?  No, we are an urgent care facility for minor illness and injury and we collect urgent care benefits from insurance providers.

Can you check me in over the phone?  The quickest and simplest way is use Web Check-In®. One of our Patient Representatives will call to let you know when a room will be available.

Who do I contact for billing questions? If you have any questions regarding your bill, please contact our billing department at (844) 422-3627 Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Will Tamiflu cure flu? No, Tamiflu is an antiviral medication that can be helpful in decreasing the severity and duration of influenza. Tamiflu will stop the influenza virus from spreading throughout the body and is best used as early as possible in the course of the illness.

What is the youngest age your providers treat? At Medical City Children’s Urgent Care we treat patients from newborn up to the age of 19.

Can your urgent care do stitches for cuts? Yes, we offer laceration repair with glue, staples and suture at all locations. The physician will see the patient to decide if they are able to close the laceration safely in the clinic or if the patient is best referred to our plastic surgery service or a pediatric emergency room.

Can you give IV hydration for kids? Yes, we offer IV hydration at all locations. The physician will see the patient and assess to decide if they are able to take fluids by mouth or need an IV placed. If the patient is very young or very dehydrated, they may be referred to the closest pediatric emergency room.

Does your urgent care do x-rays? Yes, we are able to perform x-rays at all of our locations. There are some injuries or illnesses that may require different tests like CT scans or ultrasounds that we do not offer. A parent or legal guardian should be present. In the event that a minor is brought in by an adult that is not the parent or legal guardian, verbal consent by phone is required.

Does a parent need to be present for a minor child to be treated? Telephone consent may be obtained from a parent or legal guardian. In the case of illness or injury an adult should be present with a minor and should remain in the clinic for the entire visit.