With coronavirus (COVID-19), the safety of Medical City Children’s Urgent Care patients and visitors remains our top priority. We regularly treat patients with infectious diseases and our clinical teams are highly trained in clinical protocols. Medical City Children’s Urgent Care is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments in partnership with our local and state health departments and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
What can I do to protect myself and others?
Public health officials recommend the following steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including influenza and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
For additional information and ongoing updates on COVID-19, please refer to local and state health departments and the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) hub.